The is the first seminar on this topic. Domestic abuse is not only in the marital relationship or among adults. There are teens who experience this abuse on their bodies and emotions.
Ephesians 5:25, 28
‘Husbands love your wives, even as Christ loved the church, and gave himself for it;” – “…men ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.”
“And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.”
“Wives submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.” “Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
What is DV?
Any type of behavior emotional, verbal, or physical, which is inflicted by one person on to another.
How do we categorize DV?
This can be in three forms:
Guidelines on Maintaining a Peaceful Life
- Do not allow culture to guide you in the way you treat each other
- If you love yourself, you will not hurt each other.
- Serving one another as Christ serves the church.
- This admonition is not a personal choice, but the admonition and direction by God.
- Submission to each other is part of serving and fulfilling God’s Word
• Do not provoke each other
• Respect each other
• Show the fruit if the Spirit
• Common courtesy to each other
• Be examples to your children
• Do not manipulate each, or take each other for granted
• Stop window shopping. You have been taken. Spoken for.
- Learn to forgive
- Do not keep scores
- Be truthful and honest with each other
- Fight fair
- Show love with gifts
- Accept each other for who you are, and the way God made you
- Try to please
- Do not clone
- You are a man be masculine. You are a woman, be feminine
- Stop expecting the impossible
- Do not expect perfection
- Do not let your love for each other fade as you advance in age
Prayer: Mondays, Wednesdays, & Saturdays @ 6:00 am
Thursdays: Prayer, Bible Study & Fasting @ 10:00 am
Sundays: Bible Study & Family Life @ 4:00 pm
All are invited. For Information 678 964-4096, 770 347-8320