- Cultivate Healthy Thoughts: Be careful about the thoughts you think [Philippians 4:8 – Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Watch the things which enter your mind. Make sure they are true, clean, just, and of good report which will not cause you to be ashamed later by your actions. If you think the right thoughts, you will be in a better position to plan your future after this situation has passed.
- Appreciate Quietness: There are times when you need to be alone. Cherish those moments of quietness. You may have to eat alone sometimes or may even wish you had someone to take you out on a date. In those times of loneliness, empower yourself. Light up your life by being proactive in choosing how to spend your time alone. Reactivate some past hobby which you once enjoyed, but do not allow the quietness to be an enemy. Instead, let it be a time of soul searching to find your inner self. It may be the first time you have been able to think about you. Do not waste it.
- Learn to Admire Life/Nature: Think of pleasant things. Notice the small things of life. Look at the flowers, admire the dew on the grass, listen to the chuckle of children playing rather than focus on the noise they make. Admire God’s creation all around you, the baby, the kitten, the pup, the blue sky, the birds that sing, and the branches as they sway in the wind. All those things are important for a healthy wholesome, mind, body, soul, and spirit [I Thessalonians 5:23].
- Cleanse yourself: Do not harbour grudges, resentments, past hurts and mistakes of people or your own. Exhale all the bad and inhale that which is beneficial. Read a good book such as the Bible. Take time to listen to the Holy Spirit. You have been busy all your life, now is the time to spend with the Lord by reading His Word and getting to know Him through the Holy Spirit. Being at home should not be a time of pain or to harbour loneliness. Drive it through the door by being proactive in finding worthwhile things to do and think about. Stop comforting yourself with loneliness and other negative comforters. Use the time wisely, it may never come again. Today is what you have. Do not allow loneliness and frustration to mine it away.
- Practice Forgiveness: Forgive others and forgive yourself if you want to be healthy. Love God, others and yourself. Forgiving others is helping you and no one else. You release the emotional toxins which grudge and resentment infuse into your system. These are the culprits which are hurting you and not what the person did or said about you. Forgiving someone is for you as you release that pain, burden, emotional load, sickness, call it what you will. You will feel much better and the stress and emotional sicknesses will be gone as the weight is lifted from you. Cast them on Jesus, Who is our burden bearer (I Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he cares for you). Jesus loves you more than anyone else will be able to do. He cares for you when all else have failed you – Jesus will be by your side. Forgive and you will be forgiven (Matthew 6:14-15).
- Be positive: Take time to be happy, joyful, poised, and gracious even in difficult situations. Let these come from within and not from external sources. They help you to build a pleasing character. You are the only one who can help yourself to have a healthy body, soul, and spirit. Only YOU can empower yourself; not wealth, not beauty, not friends; nothing but being yourself and loving yourself. If you love yourself without being selfish, you can love God, and you will love others too!
- Learn to forgive especially in such a time as this. No one knows what tomorrow might bring. You have today, use it wisely! Let go of the past and free your mind of unnecessary emotional toxins which only hurt you and no one else. Forgive!
Maybe this is the time to invest in a new venture where you can own your own business. Why not consider a course in Conflict Management at Shekinah Theological College? At the completion you can reach people online and help them with their problems.
To reach us dial 678 964 4096 or Email Us or complete the Contact Form below
Trust in the Lord with all our might and do not lean unto your own understanding.
Trust Him in all things, and He will lead you in the right way.
(See Proverbs 3:5-6)
You are invited to join our Prayer line on Saturdays at 9:00 am EDT and
Bible Study every Wednesday at 10:30 am. For more information, Email Us or call and leave a message at 678 964 4096 [Text, Voice]
Shekinah Theological College [STC] is registered in the State of Georgia, USA, and was granted Religious Exemption from the Non-public Post-Secondary Education Commission.
STC is A Program of
Faith Restoration Ministries International